What is a Webinar? -Referencing and Citing a WebinarWhat is a Webinar? -Referencing and Citing a Webinar
Webinars are a great way to share information in real-time, or to get information across quickly, especially if the speaker is in front of a large audience. Webinars are commonly used as an umbrella term to refer to various types of collaborative web conferencing, including live webcast, web conferencing, web conferences, and virtual webinars.
Referencing and Citing a Webinar
Referencing is vital in creating your Webinar. To be able to do that, your work needs useful references to produce an effective tool. For one to create a reference entry, you need to use the following:
- Last name of the author and the initial of the organization
- The producer inside the parenthesis, the producer, and the author is the same.
- The year of the publication
- Program name in italics
- Description of the type of media (in bracket)
- Retrieval of the information
More Specific Details
Other details in citing and referencing include the following:
Author – in the cite, the author, they should be individual or individuals who delivered the Webinar. Almost always, a Webinar software offered by a government agency or organization in a slide with the presenters’ names.
If it is a group, write the name of the group in full as shown on the website, followed by a period or space.
Date – the date should follow specific guides such as:
- Write the date as shown on the webpage or website (in parenthesis), followed by period and space.
- Use the last updated date in referencing, but
- The date of the last review should not use, for the reason that a report does not indicate the changed content.
- Never use copyright year from a website footer in reference for the year to be used to a specific page on the site
- If there is no date indicated, place “n.d.” (meaning “no date”)
Title – Should be written in Italics, sentence case immediately followed by a period and space.
Source – begin with the site name and end with the URL for the page. Pages with individual authors, site name should be written in title case and not in italics. Then followed by the URL co. (Do not write “Retrieved from”) before the URL.
Finally, when the elements combined with reference and cite a Webinar in APA form will be an easy job for all. You can also learn how to cite webinar in apa format.
About Webinars and Uses
Webinars can be recorded, broadcasted, or live-streamed, as well as saved on a web server for playback later. A webinar can also be broadcasted over the Internet, allowing participants to view a presentation live as it happens. Webinars can also be archived over time, meaning participants can watch them when they want.
- Webinars are more effective than email meetings in delivering quality content. When participants log on to the meeting web page, they can access the material online without downloading it to their computer. Most web conferencing software allows for a password-protected login page, so that only authorized parties have access to any information contained on the screen. You can also read an article on webinar software for nonprofits. As a result, webinars are more secure than e-mail meetings, because attendees don’t have to hand over passwords to other participants, as well as preventing remote hacking.
- Webinars are also a lot less expensive than hiring several people for an in-person meeting.
- Webinars are also highly customizable. Webinars are often made available with different pre-designed features, or they may be built from scratch. It’s possible to even publish them using your own website, providing a more personal experience than simply viewing it through a browser or email.
- Webinars can also be easily distributed across a variety of different platforms. It is possible for users of the conference software to view webinars on their desktop computers, laptops, and mobile phones, while they are traveling to a different part of the world or even across the country.
- Webinars can also be hosted for free, or for a small fee. If you are planning to host a webinar in a corporate setting, you may want to consider a paid service, since webinars tend to generate more sales than free ones.
- Webinars are also useful for businesses who want to provide information to a large number of customers or clients at once. Since attendees can easily view webinars over a computer screen, companies may use a webinar service to allow them to view information on the screen, or listen to one message at a time. Webinars are also very useful in providing hands-on training in a way that is more convenient to the instructor than to a classroom.
- Webinars are also an ideal way for companies to provide information to employees. Many companies may host webinars with their employees, allowing employees to participate in the webinar via the company website. Webinars can provide employees with detailed information, which they can then distribute to their peers, allowing them to access the information at their own pace
- Webinars can also be used for advertising purposes. Many companies have hosted webinars that feature their brand, allowing them to offer a brief video clip of a product or service and then allow viewers to play the same video clip on their personal webcams. The audio and video will be synchronizing, making it possible for anyone to hear what the presenter says in real time. The video clips can then be played back on a computer screen, showing visitors how a product works.
- Webinars are also a great way for businesses to test products before launching them. Webinars allow business owners to give prospective customers a glimpse at the product, giving them an opportunity to interact with it. During a webinar, visitors will see firsthand the quality of the product, and the functionality of the interface and website, which will be crucial to the success of the product.
- Online Conference Call Services allows businesses to make a large number of simultaneous calls, but the quality of the calls are determined by the quality of your Internet connection. To get the most from your online conference call services, it is important that you ensure your computer has good, reliable Internet connection.